Charles Peckham Day, or simply Charlie Day, carved his name in the entertainment industry with his stellar performance as Charlie Kelly in the acclaimed TV series, ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.’
With this role as a stepping stone, he expanded his portfolio to include notable films and other ventures. Day’s multi-faceted talents also include screenwriting, producing, and music.
Charlie Day Wiki & Biography
|Nickname||Dayman, Green Man|
|Date Of Birth||February 9, 1976|
|Birth Place||New York, New York, United States|
|Profession||Actor, Screenwriter, Producer, Director and Musician|
|Debut||Film – Mary and Rhoda
Television – Madigan Men
Video Games – Disney Infinity
|Famous For||Playing Charlie Kelly on It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia|
Charlie Day’s Net Worth
|Net Worth||USD $30 million approx.|
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm||165 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.65 m|
|Height in Feet Inches||5 feet 5 inches|
|Body Measurement||Not Known|
|Waist Size||Not Known|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
Charlie Day Family and Relatives
|Father||Thomas C. Day|
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends||Mary Elizabeth Ellis|
|Partner||Mary Elizabeth Ellis(m. 2006)|
|Sons||Russell Wallace Day|
Charlie Day Education School and Colleges
|School||Portsmouth Abbey School|
|College & University||Merrimack College (1998)|
Favourites Things Of Charlie Day
|Favorite Musical instruments||Piano
|Favorite Likes||Fist Fight|
|Favorite Song||Hurricane (Bob Dylan)
Cotton Tail (Duke Ellington)
|Favorite TV Shows||Not Known|
|Favorite Sports||Baseball, Boxing|
|Favorite Pets||Not Known|
|Favorite Destination||Not Known|
Interesting Facts About Charlie Day
- Born on February 9, 1976, in the bustling streets of New York City, Day is the son of Dr. Thomas Charles Day and Mary Day.
- His mother worked as a piano instructor at The Pennfield School, while his father retired as a music history professor from Salve Regina University.
- Boasting a mixed heritage of English, Irish, Welsh, Irish, and Italian, Day grew up in Rhode Island alongside his musically gifted sister, Alice, who holds a Ph.D. in music.
- A child prodigy of sorts, Day took up the violin at just three years old. His musical education also spanned the piano, trombone, and a unique guitar-harmonica combination.
- His academic journey began at Pennfield School and continued through Portsmouth Abbey School, where he played shortstop for their baseball team, the Ravens.
- He later earned a bachelor’s degree from Merrimack College, where he also played baseball and took part in theater activities.
- Before becoming a household name, Day took on an array of small jobs, including waiting tables and telephone work for a Motown telethon. Simultaneously, he honed his acting skills in stage productions at college and at the Williamstown Theatre Festival.
- Day got his start in mainstream television with an appearance in ‘Law & Order’ in 2001. His talent soon found other platforms like ‘Third Watch’ and a comical role in ‘Reno 911!’ in 2004.
- In 2005, Day collaborated with fellow aspiring actors Rob McElhenney and Glenn Howerton to produce a pilot episode for ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ on a shoestring budget of $200.
- FX Network took an interest in the project, launching Day into stardom and establishing him as an executive producer and writer for the show.
- Capitalizing on his newfound fame, Day explored film opportunities. His cinematic journey included roles in ‘Love Thy Neighbor’, ‘A Quiet Little Marriage’, and his first major film, ‘Going the Distance’, where he played alongside Justin Long.
- Day’s career saw him cast in significant roles like ‘Horrible Bosses’ and the sequel, ‘Horrible Bosses 2’.
- His voice acting talents were also utilized in ‘Monsters University’ and ‘Lego Dimensions’. Additionally, Day ventured into production with shows like ‘How to Be a Gentleman’ and ‘Unsupervised’.
- Day’s work in ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ didn’t go unnoticed, earning him nominations for the Critics’ Choice Television Award and the Satellite Award for Best Actor.
- Charlie Day met Mary Elizabeth Ellis at NYC’s KGB Bar in 2001. After a unique arm-wrestling conquest, the couple started dating and eventually married in 2006. They have a son named Russell Wallace Day, born in 2011.
- Charlie Day’s talents, ranging from acting to music, have made him a multi-dimensional artist. His outstanding performance in ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ set the stage for a flourishing career in Hollywood.
- In 2014, Day received an honorary doctorate from Merrimack College, his alma mater, further solidifying his standing in the performing arts.
Charlie Day Social Media Handles