Cody Parkey, born on February 19, 1992, is a retired American football placekicker renowned for his collegiate career at Auburn University and his subsequent journey through several NFL teams.
Notably, he gained widespread attention during a 2018–2019 playoff game for the Chicago Bears when he missed a crucial kick, famously known as the Double Doink, against his former team, the Philadelphia Eagles.
Cody Parkey Wiki & Biography
|Date Of Birth
|February 19, 1992
|Jupiter, Florida (United States)
|Placekicker football player
|Indianapolis Colts (2014)
|The placekicker of the Chicago Bears team.
Cody Parkey’s Net Worth
|$4.5 Million US dollars
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm
|Height in Meters
|Height in Feet Inches
Cody Parkey’s Family and Relatives
|Dough Parkey Sr.
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends
|Colleen Rick (m. 2016)
|In a relationship
Cody Parkey Education School and Colleges
|Jupiter Community High School
|College & University
Favorite Things Of Cody Parkey
|Sea Food Dishes
|Favorite TV Shows
|Painting & Swimming
Interesting Facts About Cody Parkey
- Parkey showcased his football prowess during his time with the Auburn Tigers from 2010 to 2013. His consistent performance in field goals and extra points throughout his college years laid the foundation for his professional career.
- Despite going undrafted in the 2014 NFL Draft, Parkey secured a spot with the Indianapolis Colts. However, he was later traded to the Philadelphia Eagles, where he emerged as the team’s primary kicker for the 2014 season.
- In his rookie year, Parkey set a remarkable NFL record for rookie scoring, surpassing the previous record held for nearly three decades. His exceptional performance earned him recognition as a first alternate for the 2015 Pro Bowl.
- Parkey’s journey in the NFL saw highs and lows, including being placed on injured reserve during his tenure with the Eagles. Despite setbacks, he continued to demonstrate his kicking abilities, notably with the Miami Dolphins, where he earned accolades as the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
- His career took a significant turn in 2018 when he signed a four-year contract with the Chicago Bears. Despite facing challenges, including multiple kicks striking the uprights in a single game, Parkey remained a pivotal player for the team.
- However, Parkey’s most memorable moment, or perhaps infamous, occurred during the 2018–2019 NFC wild-card playoff game against the Philadelphia Eagles. His missed field goal attempt, known as the Double Doink, led to widespread scrutiny and discussion.
- Following the playoff disappointment, Parkey’s tenure with the Bears came to an end, marked by his release in 2019. He later had brief stints with the Tennessee Titans and the Cleveland Browns, facing various challenges and setbacks along the way.
- Despite the ups and downs, Parkey continued his football journey, signing with the New Orleans Saints in 2021 before encountering another setback due to injury.
- Parkey’s resilience and determination in the face of adversity throughout his football career exemplify the challenges and triumphs experienced by athletes in the competitive world of professional sports.
Cody Parkey’s Social Media Handles