Colin Egglesfield is an American actor, best known for playing the role of Josh Madden on the soap opera ‘All My Children’. The Michigan-born actor had a studious upbringing, often spending his Friday nights building model airplanes.
While he initially aspired to follow in his father’s footsteps as a physician, a stage performance by his older sister, Kerry, ignited a passion for acting in him.
Colin Egglesfield Wiki & Biography
|Date Of Birth
|February 9, 1973
|Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
|Film – All My Children (1970)
Colin Egglesfield’s Net Worth
|USD $3 million approx
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm
|Height in Meters
|Height in Feet Inches
|6 feet 0 inches
Colin Egglesfield Family and Relatives
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends
|In a Relationship
Colin Egglesfield Education School and Colleges
|Marian Catholic High School
|College & University
|The University of IowaIllinois Wesleyan University
Favourites Things Of Colin Egglesfield
|Favorite TV Shows
Interesting Facts About Colin Egglesfield
- Colin Egglesfield was born on February 9, 1973, in Farmington Hills, Michigan. His father, William Egglesfield, a physician, was a significant influence during his formative years. Raised in a Catholic household with Irish roots from his mother, Kathleen née Dineen, Colin grew up alongside an older sister, Kerry, and a younger brother, Sean.
- The family moved to Chicago when Colin was ten years old. There, captivated by his sister’s acting, he began performing in local plays at the Illinois Theatre Center.
- Egglesfield was not only academically inclined but also athletically gifted. His football coach, Dave Mattio, played a crucial role in boosting his self-esteem.
- After graduating from Marian Catholic High School, he went on to study at Illinois Wesleyan University. Later, he transferred to the University of Iowa to pursue a pre-med program and earned a biology degree.
- He also embarked on a European backpacking adventure before diving headfirst into his initial career aspirations.
- In order to fund his college education, Egglesfield ventured into modeling. Winning a talent contest on a friend’s suggestion was the game-changer. Soon, he signed with Beatrice Model Agency in Italy and graced the campaigns of luxury brands like Versace and Calvin Klein.
- Realizing his true calling, he moved to New York in 1997 to explore further opportunities in fashion while also taking acting classes.
- Colin’s first significant on-screen role came in 2001 with an appearance on ‘Law & Order: SVU’. Relocating to Los Angeles the following year, he quickly found work, making appearances in films such as ‘S.W.A.T.’ and TV series like ‘Gilmore Girls’.
- However, it was his stint on ‘All My Children’ from 2005 to 2009 that turned him into a household name. He took over the role of Josh Madden, originally played by Scott Kinworthy, and received much acclaim for his performance.
- Egglesfield continued to rise in prominence with roles in films like ‘Something Borrowed’ opposite Kate Hudson and television series like ‘Rizzoli & Isles’. Among his recent credits are appearances in TV shows like ‘Lucifer’ and ‘Chicago Fire’, and films like ‘The Space Between Us’ and ‘Reprisal’.
- Named one of the ‘Sexiest Men Alive’ by People magazine in 2005, Egglesfield is more than just a pretty face.
- He’s a marathoner who has competed in events to raise funds for charity, a tutor for high school students, and an entrepreneur who founded his own real estate company, ‘Stage 2 Properties’, in 2014.
Colin Egglesfield’s Social Media Handles