Diane Franklin, born on February 11, 1962, is a multifaceted American actress, producer, and model. Hailing from Plainview, New York, she embarked on a remarkable journey in the entertainment industry, showcasing her talent and versatility.
Born to German immigrant parents and deaf in her left ear, Diane Franklin’s unique background and determination have shaped her illustrious career.
Diane Franklin Wiki & Biography
|Date Of Birth
|February 11, 1962
|Plainview, New York, United States
|Actress, Fashion Model, and Producer
|Film – The Amityville Murders
Television – Family Law
|The Last American Virgin
Diane Franklin’s Net Worth
|USD $9 million approx.
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm
|Height in Meters
|Height in Feet Inches
|5 feet 2 inches
Diane Franklin’s Family and Relatives
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends
|Ray De Laurentis (m. 1989)
Diane Franklin Education School and Colleges
|College & University
|California State University, Northridge
Favorite Things Of Diane Franklin
|Favorite TV Shows
Interesting Facts About Diane Franklin
- Diane Franklin pursued her passion for education, enrolling at New York University in 1981–1982. However, she chose to follow her calling as a professional actress, leaving NYU to embark on her acting career. Later, after a hiatus, she resumed her education, attending Moorpark College and California State University, Northridge, ultimately earning a degree in Education in 2017.
- In the early stages of her acting career, Diane Franklin made a mark in the advertising world, featuring in TV commercials for major brands such as Coca-Cola, Trident, Jell-O, and Maxwell House Coffee. At the age of 17, she made her television debut with appearances in two episodes of “As the World Turns” in October 1979.
- Diane’s breakthrough role came in 1982 when she portrayed Karen in the teen drama film “The Last American Virgin.”
- Taking on diverse roles, Diane Franklin received top billing in the 1984 erotic comedy film “Second Time Lucky” and charmed audiences as French exchange student Monique Junet in the 1985 comedy “Better Off Dead.”
- Her career continued to flourish as she played Princess Joanna in the 1989 comedy “Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure” and took on various roles in TV series.
- She also appeared in television films, including a significant role as Jock Ewing’s first wife in the 1986 film “Dallas: The Early Years.”
- In 2012, Diane Franklin shared her captivating journey with the world by publishing her memoir, titled “Diane Franklin: The Excellent Adventures of the Last American, French Exchange Babe of the 80s.” This was followed by a second memoir in 2017, titled “Diane Franklin: The Excellent Curls of the Last American, French-Exchange Babe of the 80s.”
- Returning to the horror genre, Diane Franklin played Louise DeFeo in the 2018 horror-drama film “The Amityville Murders” and portrayed Mrs. Healy in the 2021 horror film “Ted Bundy: American Boogeyman.”
- In 2023, Diane Franklin took on the role of Danielle in “Waking Nightmare,” an independent horror film granted a SAG-AFTRA interim agreement, allowing the continuation of filming and promotion by the actors.
- Beyond her acting career, Diane Franklin found personal fulfillment in her family life. She married Ray DeLaurentis, an animation writer for shows such as “The Fairly OddParents,” in 1989. They reside in Westlake Village, California, with their son Nick, a musician, and daughter Olivia, a comedian and actress known for her role in the comedy duo Syd & Olivia.
Diane Franklin’s Social Media Handles