Dhivyadharshini “DD” Neelakandan, a prominent figure in the Indian television and film industry, has captivated audiences with her multifaceted talents as a television presenter, host, and actress.
With a career spanning several years, DD has established herself as one of the most sought-after personalities in the South Indian entertainment scene.
Divyadarshini Wiki & Biography
|Date Of Birth
|February 17, 1985
|Film Debut – Shubhayathra (1990)
|Famous for starring in Power Paandi movie
Divyadarshini’s Net Worth
|USD $3 Million approx
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm
|Height in Meters
|Height in Feet Inches
|5 feet 3 inches
Divyadarshini’s Family and Relatives
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends
|Srikanth Ravichandran (m. 2014)
Divyadarshini Education School and Colleges
|Our Lady’s Matriculation Higher Secondary School
|College & University
|Anna Adarsh College
Favorite Things Of Divyadarshini
|Vijay, Prakash Raj, Rajinikanth
|Anushka Shetty, Kajal Aggarwal
|Southeast Asian Cuisine
|You Are So Beautiful (To Me) by Westlife
Interesting Facts About Divyadarshini
- DD initially ventured into the industry as an actress, making her debut in supporting roles in films such as Kamal Haasan’s production “Nala Damayanthi” (2003). However, she soon transitioned to television, where she gained recognition for her performances in serials like “Selvi” and “Arasi,” produced by Raadan Media.
- Since 2007, DD has been a familiar face on Vijay TV, where she has hosted numerous shows. Notably, in 2014, she launched her own show titled “Koffee with DD,” which garnered widespread acclaim.
- Born to K. Neelakandan and N. Srilatha, DD comes from a family with ties to the entertainment industry. Her younger brother is an airline pilot while her sister, Priyadarshini, is also a television host.
- DD’s educational journey includes attending Our Lady’s Matriculation Higher Secondary School and pursuing part-time education at Anna Adarsh College, Chennai, showcasing her commitment to balancing academics with her burgeoning career.
- Her television career began in 1999 when she secured the role of a child anchor for Vijay TV’s “Ungal Theerpu,” marking the beginning of her journey as a television presenter.
- DD’s breakthrough as an actress came with her portrayal of a serious character in K. Balachander’s television serial “Rekkai Kattiya Manasu,” which catapulted her to fame and opened doors to further acting opportunities.
- Despite brief forays into films, DD found her true calling in television, where she excelled in roles in serials like “Selvi” and “Arase,” produced by Raadan Media.
- Beyond acting and hosting, DD has also lent her voice as a dubbing artiste for films, notably voicing characters in movies like “Saroja” (2008) and “Goa” (2010).
- Known for her dynamic presence on Tamil television, DD has hosted several reality TV shows on Vijay TV, including the initial seasons of “Jodi Number One” and “Boys Vs. Girls.”
- In her personal life, DD married her longtime friend and assistant director Srikanth Ravichandran, though the couple announced their split in 2017 and subsequently filed for divorce in a family court in Chennai.
- DD bravely battles rheumatoid arthritis, a condition that challenges her mobility but hasn’t dampened her spirits or her dedication to her craft.
Divyadarshini Social Media Handles