Han Hyo-joo, a prominent South Korean actress, soared to fame with her notable role in the South Korean drama ‘Like Land and Sky.’
Despite initial challenges in securing significant roles, she persevered, eventually establishing herself as one of the most celebrated TV and film actresses in South Korea.
Renowned for her performance in the series ‘Brilliant Legacy,’ Han has garnered numerous awards, including the SBS Drama Awards and the ‘Outstanding Korean Actress honor at the Seoul International Drama Awards.
Han Hyo Joo Wiki & Biography
|Han Hyo Joo
|Date Of Birth
|February 22, 1987
|“Spring Waltz” KBS2
Han Hyo Joo’s Net Worth
|USD $2 Million Approx
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm
|Height in Meters
|Height in Feet Inches
|5 Feet 5 Inches
Han Hyo Joo’s Family and Relatives
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends
|Lee Jong Suk
Han Hyo Joo Education School and Colleges
|Deokseong Elementary School, Yullyang Middle School, Cheongju Girls’ High School
|College & University
|Dongguk University Seoul Campus
Favorite Things Of Han Hyo Joo
|Favorite TV Shows
Interesting Facts About Han Hyo Joo
- Born on February 22, 1987, in North Chungcheong, South Korea, Han Hyo-joo hails from a conservative middle-class family. Her father, an Air Force officer, instilled strict discipline in the household, while her mother transitioned from teaching to working as a school inspector.
- Growing up with limited freedom due to traditional gender roles, Han exhibited an early interest in art. Active in sports, particularly track & field during school, she sought to pursue high school studies in Seoul for better educational opportunities and artistic exposure.
- Enrolling at Bulgok High School in Seoul and later studying theatre and film at Dongguk University, Han delved into theatre productions, fostering her passion for the film industry.
- Despite initial struggles and a lack of industry connections, Han’s breakthrough came in 2005 when she appeared in the sitcom ‘Nonstop 5’ and the 2006 series ‘Spring Waltz.’
- Recognized for her acting potential in the gangster comedy film ‘My Boss, My Teacher,’ Han gained popularity and secured roles in independent films like ‘Ad-lib Night,’ earning her Best New Actor honors at the Korean Association of Film Critics Awards.
- Her roles in TV series ‘Ilijimae’ and ‘Like Land and Sky’ contributed to her rising popularity, and she garnered increased endorsement deals and awards.
- The TV series ‘Brilliant Legacy’ in 2010 solidified her position as a leading actress, earning her widespread acclaim and several awards.
- Han’s success continued with films like ‘Always’ (2011), ‘Masquerade’ (2012), and ‘Cold Eyes’ (2013), where she showcased her acting prowess and garnered accolades.
- International recognition followed with the Japanese film ‘Miracle’ in 2014, marking her success beyond South Korea.
- In 2016, Han made a triumphant return to television with the suspense thriller series ‘W,’ earning Top Excellence awards at APAN Star Awards and MBC Drama Awards.
- Future projects include the Korean thriller ‘Golden Slumber’ and the Japanese science fiction thriller ‘In-Rang.’
- Beyond acting, Han remains busy with commercials, variety shows, music videos, and singing. She serves as a goodwill and PR ambassador for various organizations.
- Han Hyo-joo, an avid music listener and movie watcher, also plays the piano and engages in writing poems and short stories as hobbies.
- Despite her busy public life, Han keeps her private life discreet. She was previously linked with actor Lee Jong-suk.
Han Hyo Joo’s Social Media Handles