Jason Scott Merrells, born on November 2, 1968, in Epping, Essex, is a versatile English actor renowned for a myriad of memorable roles on television, including his stints in popular series like “Casualty,” “Cutting It,” “Waterloo Road,” and “Emmerdale.” Beyond acting, Merrells has also explored directing, writing, and even painting, making him a multi-talented artist.
Jason Merrells Wiki & Biography
|Date Of Birth
|November 2, 1968
|Epping, United Kingdom
|Actor, Director, Writer
|Film Debut – Trick or Treat (2019)
TV Show – River City (2002)
|Famous for starring in Cutting It (2002)
Jason Merrell’s Net Worth
|USD $10 Million Approx
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm
|Height in Meters
|Height in Feet Inches
|5 feet 10 inches
Jason Merrell’s Family and Relatives
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends
Zerlina Hughes (m. 2002-2010)
Judith Hurley (m. 1991-1999)
|Camilla Merrells, Gina Merrells
Jason Merrells Education School and Colleges
|Buckhurst Hill County High School
|College & University
Favourites Things Of Jason Merrells
|Favorite TV Shows
Interesting Facts About Jason Merrells
- Growing up in a family with artistic inclinations—his elder brother, Simon Merrells, is also an actor—Jason attended Buckhurst Hill County High School and later enrolled at Chichester University to study fine art.
- Jason lives between London and the North East of England. He has had two marriages, the second of which was to Zerlina Hughes, with whom he shares a son and a daughter.
- From his first marriage to Judith Hurley, he has two daughters. Currently, he is partnered with Emma Lowndes, and they have a daughter together.
- Merrells’ acting career began modestly in 1994 with a minor role in the film “To Die For.”
- However, he soon climbed the ladder of recognition with a three-year stint in “Casualty” as Matt Hawley.
- His role in the iconic series “Queer as Folk” in 1999 marked a departure from his earlier roles, showcasing his range as an actor.
- It was his role as Gavin Ferraday in “Cutting It” that catapulted him to mainstream success, a role that showcased the intricacies of marital relationships and infidelity.
- Following this, Merrells became a household name, even making appearances on shows like “Mastermind,” “This Morning,” and “Loose Women.”
- Merrells further extended his repertoire by taking on the role of Head Teacher Jack Rimmer in “Waterloo Road,” and then shifted gears to portray the calculating businessman Declan Macey in “Emmerdale.”
- For his depiction of Declan, he was nominated for “Villain of the Year” at the 2011 British Soap Awards.
- Not one to be typecast, Merrells has performed with the Royal Shakespeare Company and has even embarked on directing ventures, completing his first short film, “Le Petit Mort,” in 2007.
- He has also delved into creative writing, working on his first novel.
- In 2016, Merrells hinted at a possible return to “Emmerdale,” and given his varied career, it’s exciting to think about what else may be in store for this versatile performer.
Jason Merrells Social Media Handles