Renowned for his portrayal of Dale Cooper in the iconic series Twin Peaks, American actor, voice actor, and entrepreneur Kyle MacLachlan has carved a distinguished career in the entertainment industry.
Despite facing setbacks like the movie Showgirls, he emerged triumphant, earning accolades such as a Golden Globe award and two Emmy nominations for his stellar performance in Twin Peaks.
Beyond acting, MacLachlan explores his entrepreneurial side as a part-time vintner, co-founding the beer brand Pursued by Bear with Eric Dunham. He is happily married to publicist and producer Desiree Gruber.
Kyle Maclachlan Wiki & Biography
|Date Of Birth
|February 22, 1959
|Yakima, Washington, United States
|Films – Paul Atreides in Dune and Jeffrey Beaumont in Blue Velvet
|Dale Cooper in Twin Peaks and its film prequel Twin Peaks Fire Walk with Me
Kyle Maclachlan’s Net Worth
|USD $3 million approx
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm
|Height in Meters
|Height in Feet Inches
|6 feet 0 inches
Kyle Maclachlan Family and Relatives
|Kent MacLachlan, Craig MacLachlan
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends
|Lara Flynn Boyle
Lauren Dern (1985- 1989)
Heather Graham (1990- 1992)
|Desiree Gruber (m. 2002)
|Callum Lyon MacLachlan
Kyle Maclachlan Education School and Colleges
|Eisenhower High School (Yakima, Washington)
|College & University
|University of Washington University of Washington School of Drama
Favorite Things Of Kyle Maclachlan
|Favorite TV Shows
|Twin Peaks (season 3)
Interesting Facts About Kyle Maclachlan
- Kyle MacLachlan, originally born Kyle Merritt McLachlan, on February 22, 1959, in Yakima, Washington, later adapted his surname to “MacLachlan” to honor his Scottish roots. Raised with two younger brothers, Craig and Kent Jr., he has a diverse heritage of Scottish, German, and Cornish descent.
- His educational journey began at Eisenhower High School in Yakima, where he graduated in October 1977. MacLachlan’s early exposure to the arts included piano and classical singing lessons from ages 9 to 14, and he made his debut in a play at the age of 15.
- Enrolling in the University of Washington, he initially intended to major in business but shifted to classical voice and ultimately focused on acting, graduating in 1982 with a BFA degree from the Professional Actor Training Program.
- Tragedy struck in 1986 when MacLachlan’s mother passed away from ovarian cancer. His father also faced post-surgery complications leading to his demise in 2011.
- MacLachlan’s cinematic debut came in 1984 as Paul Atreides in David Lynch’s adaptation of Dune, followed by his breakthrough role as Jeffrey Beaumont in the 1986 classic Blue Velvet.
- The pinnacle of his early career was the role of Special Agent Dale Cooper in Lynch’s Twin Peaks (1990-1991), earning him a Golden Globe and Emmy nominations. He faced a career setback with the 1995 film Showgirls but rebounded in the 2000s with roles in Sex and the City and The Spring.
- His diverse acting career includes portraying keyboardist Ray Manzarek in The Doors (1991), the villain Cliff Vandercave in The Flintstones (1994), and a reprisal of Dale Cooper in Twin Peaks’ third season (2017).
- In addition to his on-screen roles, MacLachlan lent his voice to various projects, including video games like Grand Theft Auto III and animated films like Justice League: The New Frontier.
- Personal relationships have also been a part of MacLachlan’s narrative, including notable connections with actors Laura Dern, Lara Flynn Boyle, and Heather Graham. He eventually found lasting love with Desiree Gruber, whom he married in 2002. They share a son named Callum Lyon MacLachlan, born in 2008.
- Beyond acting, MacLachlan is an enthusiastic dog lover, directing the YouTube series Mookie and Sam, featuring his dogs. He is also a part-time vintner, co-founding Pursued by Bear in 2005, offering a variety of wine brands inspired by a Shakespearean stage direction from Winter’s Tale: “Exit, pursued by Bear.”
Kyle Maclachlan Social Media Handles