Lahiru Kumara, a skilled Sri Lankan cricketer, has made his mark in all three formats of the sport as a formidable pace bowler.
His journey began with representing Sri Lanka in the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup in 2016, where the team reached the semi-finals, securing the 4th position among 16 competing nations.
Lahiru Kumara Wiki & Biography
|Date Of Birth
|February 13, 1997
|Kandy, Sri Lanka
|29 October 2016
|One of the fastest bowlers in Sri Lanka’s system
Lahiru Kumara Net Worth
|$5 Million approximately
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm
|Height in Meters
|Height in Feet Inches
|5 Feet 9 Inches
Lahiru Kumara Family and Relatives
|Name Not Known
|Name Not Known
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends
Lahiru Kumara Education School and Colleges
|College & University
|Maris Stella College
Favourites Things Of Lahiru Kumara
|Red, Black, White
|Hemal Sachindra Ranasinghe, Sanjit De Silva, Roshan Ranawana
|Jacqueline Fernandez, Pooja Umashankar, Ayesha Kapoor, Shalani Tharaka
|Cold Coffee, Fruit Juice, Ice Cream & Simple Food
|AB de Villiers, Hashim Amla, Chris Gayle and Kumar Sangakkara
|Favorite Cricket Ground
|Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium
Sinhalese Sports Club Ground (SSC)
|Sanjay Manjrekar & Rameez Raja
|Playing Cricket, Watching Movies & Shopping
|Colombo, Sigiriya, London & Dubai
Interesting Facts About Lahiru Kumara
- Within the Sri Lankan domestic cricket scene, Lahiru has showcased his talent playing for Nondescripts Cricket Club since 2016, leaving an indelible mark in Kandy and Galle across all formats.
- At the franchise level, Kumara has been a notable presence in the Lanka Premier League (LPL), playing for Dambulla Viiking (2020), Kandy Warriors (2021), and Dambulla Aura (2022). He also contributed to Abu Dhabi Knight Riders in the International League T20 (ILT20) in 2023.
- Lahiru Kumara received his education at Trinity College and Wariyapola Sri Sumangala College in Kandy.
- In April 2022, Kumara tied the knot with his long-term partner, Nethsarani Rajapakse.
- Notably, in January 2017, during a bilateral test series against South Africa, Kumara achieved his maiden five-wicket haul, claiming bowling figures of 6/122 – the then-best by a Sri Lankan pacer in a South African test match.
- His stellar performance made him the second-youngest Sri Lankan bowler, at that time, to achieve a five-wicket haul in a test match. Despite Kumara’s efforts, South Africa dominated the series, winning the match by 282 runs and eventually whitewashing Sri Lanka.
- During the 2021 ICC T20 World Cup, Kumara exhibited his bowling prowess, contributing significantly to Sri Lanka’s victories in the first round. His standout performance included a ‘Player of the Match’ winning spell against the Netherlands, where he secured bowling figures of 3/7, leading to the Netherlands recording the second-lowest total (44 runs) in the history of the ICC T20 World Cup as of March 2023.
- While Sri Lanka progressed to the ‘Super 12’ stage, Kumara’s individual performances mirrored the team’s challenges. Despite a strong start, he faced a dip in form, picking up only one wicket in the first four matches and eventually being dropped from the fifth game.
Lahiru Kumara Social Media Handles