Laia Costa Bertrán, born on February 18, 1985, is a versatile Spanish actress whose talent has taken her across borders, contributing to films in Spain, Russia, Germany, Argentina, Italy, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Her career is marked by critically acclaimed performances and recognition for her notable contributions to the world of cinema.
Laia Costa Wiki & Biography
|Date Of Birth
|February 18, 1985
|Film – Victoria (2015)
Laia Costa’s Net Worth
|USD $1 million approx
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm
|Height in Meters
|Height in Feet Inches
|5 feet 5 inches
Laia Costa Family and Relatives
|José María Costa
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends
Laia Costa Education School and Colleges
|Nancy Tuñón School in Barcelon
|College & University
|Ramon Llull University
Favourites Things Of Laia Costa
|Favorite TV Shows
|The Red Band Society, Cuéntame un cuento, Habitaciones cerradas, Carlos, rey emperador, Cites
Interesting Facts About Laia Costa
- Laia Costa’s acting journey spans multiple countries, showcasing her ability to work seamlessly in diverse cinematic landscapes. From Spain to Russia, Germany, Argentina, Italy, the United Kingdom, and the United States, she has left her mark on global cinema.
- In the critically acclaimed directorial debut of Harry Wootliff, “Only You,” Laia Costa starred alongside Josh O’Connor. The film premiered in competition at The London Film Festival on October 19, 2018, garnering praise for the performances and storytelling.
- Costa shared the screen with Nicholas Hoult in Drake Doremus’ “Newness,” which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2017. She also co-starred with Mia Wasikowska and Christopher Abbott in Nicolas Pesce’s “Piercing,” showcased at the Sundance Film Festival in 2018.
- Laia Costa played lead roles in two films that premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival in 2018. She appeared in Miguel Arteta’s “Duck Butter,” alongside Alia Shawkat, and “Maine” with Thomas Mann.
- In 2018, Costa co-starred in the drama film “Life Itself,” an Amazon/Dan Fogelman production, sharing the screen with Oscar Isaac and Antonio Banderas.
- Laia Costa was born in Barcelona, Spain, and her journey in the film industry has showcased her versatility and adaptability to different cultures and cinematic styles.
- Costa gained widespread acclaim for her role in the 2015 film “Victoria.” The unique aspect of the film was that it was almost entirely improvised by the actors and shot in a single take, lasting 134 minutes. Her exceptional performance earned her the Lola for Best Actress and a nomination for a European Film Award.
- Laia Costa’s compelling performance in “Victoria” not only earned her a Lola but also a nomination for the prestigious BAFTA EE Rising Star Award, recognizing her as a rising talent in the film industry.
- The New York Times acknowledged Laia Costa’s talent by including her in the list of “Breakthrough Performances of the Fall Season” in 2015, further solidifying her status as an actress to watch.
Laia Costa Social Media Handles