Laura Elizabeth Dern, an acclaimed American actress, has left an indelible mark on the entertainment industry with her captivating performances in both television and film.
Nominated for an Academy Award for her role in ‘Rambling Rose’ and recognized for her portrayal of Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo in ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi,’ Dern’s career boasts an impressive array of achievements.
Beyond the silver screen, she has graced popular TV series such as ‘Ellen,’ ‘F Is for Family,’ ‘The Last Man on Earth,’ ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt,’ and ‘Twin Peaks.’
Dern’s excellence has been acknowledged with three Golden Globe Awards for her roles in ‘Afterburn,’ ‘Recount,’ and ‘Enlightened,’ along with accolades at the Primetime Emmy Awards for her contribution to ‘Big Little Lies.’ Moreover, she has been an outspoken advocate against sexual assaults on female stars in the industry.
Laura Dern Wiki & Biography
|Date Of Birth||February 10, 1967|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Profession||Actress, Director, Producer|
|Debut||Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore (1974)|
|Famous For||Foxes (1980)|
Laura Dern’s Net Worth
|Net Worth||USD $20 million Approx|
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm||179 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.79 m|
|Height in Feet Inches||5 feet 10¬Ω inches|
|Waist Size||25 inches|
|Shoe Size||11 (US)|
Laura Dern’s Family and Relatives
|Sisters||Diane Elizabeth Dern|
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends||Common (2016)
Billy Bob Thornton(1997 – 2000)
Jeff Goldblum(1992 – 1997)
Vincent Spano (1991 – 1992)
Renny Harlin (1990 – 1991)
Kyle MacLachlan(1985 – 1989)
Treat Williams (1984 – 1985)
|Partner||Ben Harper (m. 2005; div. 2013)
|Sons||Ellery Walker Harper, Ellery Harper|
Laura Dern Education School and Colleges
|School||High `School of Rock|
|College & University||UCLA College|
Favourites Things Of Laura Dern
|Favorite Colour||Not Known|
|Favorite Actor||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Cinematographer||Emmanuel Lubezki|
|Favorite TV Shows||Not Known|
|Favorite Movie||The Elephant Man (1980)|
|Favorite Books||Pema Chödrön’s Living Beautifully with Uncertainty and Change|
|Hobbies||Loves horse-riding, social work and acting|
Interesting Facts About Laura Dern
- Laura’s initial foray into acting began with a role in the 1973 movie ‘White Lightning,’ but true success embraced her when she took on a lead role in the 1980 film ‘Foxes.’
- The year 1981 marked her appearance in the TV series ‘Shannon’ and her portrayal of Jessica McNeil in ‘Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains,’ earning her the Miss Golden Globe award.
- Dern’s career saw a blend of minor TV movie roles, critical acclaim for ‘Teachers,’ and breakthroughs in 1985 with roles in ‘Mask’ and ‘Smooth Talk.’
- Collaborating with director David Lynch in 1986 for ‘Blue Velvet’ marked a significant milestone in her career.
- Despite a period of moderate success from 1988 to 1990, her lead role in the 1991 drama ‘Rambling Rose,’ alongside her mother, brought forth an Oscar nomination for both.
- Laura’s established status led to iconic roles in 1993, including Dr. Ellie Sattler in ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘A Perfect World’ directed by Clint Eastwood.
- The mid-’90s showcased her versatility in ‘Down Came a Blackbird,’ voice work in ‘Frasier,’ and a lead role in ‘Citizen Ruth.’
- Her role in ‘Ellen’ during the controversial ‘The Puppy Episode’ and subsequent projects from 1999 to 2001 highlighted her diverse acting skills.
- Transitioning to TV in 2002-2003, Dern’s roles in ‘The West Wing’ and ‘Damaged Care’ reflected her adaptability.
- The award-winning 2004 film ‘We Don’t Live Here Anymore’ solidified her standing, earning her a Seattle Film Critics Awards nomination.
- Collaborating with David Lynch again in 2006 for ‘Inland Empire’ and starring in ‘Year of the Dog’ the next year demonstrated her continued commitment to diverse roles.
- The 2008 TV movie ‘Recount’ earned her a Golden Globe, followed by appearances in ‘Tenderness’ and ‘Everything Must Go.’
- Leading the HBO drama series ‘Enlightened’ in 2011 showcased her TV prowess.
- In 2014, Dern’s versatility shone in various TV series and movies, earning her an Academy Awards nomination for ‘Wild.’
- The subsequent years saw her triumph in award-winning TV shows, including ‘Big Little Lies’ for which she won a Primetime Emmy Award.
- Notably, she has portrayed Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo in the upcoming film ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi.’
- Laura’s impressive award journey includes Golden Globe wins for ‘Afterburn,’ ‘Recount,’ and ‘Enlightened,’ as well as a Primetime Emmy Award for ‘Big Little Lies’ in 2017.
Laura Dern’s Social Media Handles