Leandra Medeiros Cerezo, professionally known as Lea T, stands as a trailblazing figure in the fashion world.
Born on February 19, 1981, in Brazil and raised in Italy, Lea T is a transgender fashion model and the muse of Riccardo Tisci, the chief creative officer of the esteemed British luxury brand Burberry. Her professional last name, “T,” is a tribute to Tisci.
Lea T Wiki & Biography
|Date Of Birth
|February 19, 1981
|Belo Horizonte, State of Minas Gerais, Brazil
Lea T’s Net Worth
|$5 Million Approx
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm
|Height in Meters
|Height in Feet Inches
|5 feet 11 inches
Lea T Family and Relatives
|Rosa Helena Medeiros
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends
Lea T Education School and Colleges
|High School Graduate
|College & University
Favourites Things Of Lea T
|Deep Pink, Brown
|Favorite TV Shows
|Shopping, Cooking, Dance
Interesting Facts About Lea T
- Lea T made history during the 2016 Rio Olympics as the first openly transgender person to lead a team into the opening ceremonies. Riding her bike, she guided the Brazilian team, consisting of 465 athletes across 29 sports, marking a significant moment of inclusion and representation.
- Forbes magazine recognized Lea T’s impact on Italian fashion in February 2015, listing her among the 12 women who changed the landscape. She shared this honor with influential names like Miuccia Prada, Anna Dello Russo, and Franca Sozzani.
- Breaking new ground in the beauty industry, Lea T became the face of the American hair-care brand Redken in 2014, becoming the first openly transgender model to front a global cosmetics brand.
- The realm of entertainment welcomed Lea T in 2013 when she participated in the Italian version of “Dancing with the Stars” on Rai Uno, titled “Ballando con le Stelle.”
- Lea T’s modeling career has graced the pages of prestigious publications such as Vogue Paris, Numero, Interview, and Love. Notably, she was featured on the cover of two editions of the Spring/Summer 2011 edition of Love, one solo and another with Kate Moss.
- Her presence extends to international magazine covers, including Elle, Marie Claire, Grazia, and Glamour.
- Lea T publicly shared her intention to undergo sex reassignment surgery in a January 2011 interview. The surgery took place in March 2012 in Thailand.
- While initially expressing dissatisfaction in a January 2013 interview, she later stated feeling satisfied with the results two weeks later during an interview with Fantástico.
Lea T Social Media Handles