Noriko Sakai, born on February 14, 1971, is a renowned Japanese singer and actress. Initially recognized by her former stage name Nori-P, Sakai made her debut as an idol singer in 1986.
Despite facing a significant setback in her career due to a drug scandal in 2009, she has managed to make a successful comeback and remains popular in Japan and other Asian countries.
Noriko Sakai Wiki & Biography
|Date Of Birth
|February 14, 1971
|Fukuoka, Fukuoka, Japan
|“Otoko no Ko ni Naritai”
|Hoshi no Kinka
Noriko Sakai’s Net Worth
|$1.9 Million Approx
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm
|Height in Meters
|Height in Feet Inches
|5 feet 1inches
Noriko Sakai Family and Relatives
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends
|Yuichi Takaso (m. 1998-2010)
|A son (Name Not Known)
Noriko Sakai Education School and Colleges
|College & University
Favorite Things Of Noriko Sakai
|Favorite TV Shows
Interesting Facts About Noriko Sakai
- Sakai released her first single, “Otoko no Ko ni Naritai” (“I Want to Be a Boy”), on February 5, 1987, just nine days before her sixteenth birthday. The single sold over 40,000 copies, marking the beginning of her successful music career.
- In the 1990s, Sakai gained popularity in Hong Kong and Taiwan. She ventured overseas for commercial shoots and concerts, receiving acclaim for her performances.
- Sakai’s return to the spotlight came in 1993 with her role as Kashiwagi Koyuki in “Hitotsu Yane no Shita,” gaining recognition for her acting skills. She continued to excel, starring in “Hoshi no Kinka” in 1995, contributing to the theme song “Aoi Usagi,” which became her best-selling album.
- In 1998, Sakai married Yūichi Takasō, and the couple welcomed a son in 1999. However, their marriage faced challenges, and Sakai’s career took a downturn after the 2009 drug scandal involving her husband.
- The drug scandal led to Sakai’s arrest, disappearance, and subsequent negative impacts on her career. She turned herself in on August 7, 2009, and faced charges related to drug possession.
- Sakai underwent drug rehabilitation and apologized to the public for her actions. The scandal resulted in canceled contracts, including a clothing line and endorsements.
- Despite the setback, Sakai successfully completed her rehabilitation and returned to the entertainment industry. She attended the University of Creation; Art, Music & Social Work, earning a degree in welfare and nursing care in 2013.
- In 2010, Sakai divorced her husband, signaling a new chapter in her personal life.
- Sakai actively engaged in charity work, participating in campaigns to educate about the hazards of drug addiction in Beijing in 2011.
- On November 24, 2012, after completing her suspended sentence, Sakai announced her return to the entertainment industry. She signed with the talent agency Office Nigun Niiba and resumed her career in acting and stage performances.
- Sakai again recorded “Aoi Usagi” in October 2021, and auctioned an NFT of it to promote the fourth season of the drama series “Producer K,” marking her return to the drama scene after eight years.
Noriko Sakai Social Media Handles