Tami Lee Oldham Ashcraft, formerly known as Tami Oldham, emerged as a symbol of resilience and survival when she braved the harrowing ordeal of being adrift at sea for 41 days in 1983.
Her remarkable story of survival amidst the vast expanse of the Pacific Ocean captivated the world and served as the inspiration for the 2018 film “Adrift.”
Oldham Ashcraft Wiki & Biography
|Date Of Birth
|February 20, 1960
|San Diego, California (USA)
|Her Biopic Film Adrift (2018) is based on her true story of survival in a Category-four Hurricane in 1983
Oldham Ashcraft’s Net Worth
|USD $150,000 Approx
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm
|Height in Meters
|Height in Feet Inches
|5 Feet 5 inches
Oldham Ashcraft Family and Relatives
|Donna Goulet (Stepmother)
|Matt Sharp (Cousin)
|Cousin Chelsea Reinhart Pavloff & Claire Bullas
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends
|Brook Ashcraft and Kelli Ashcraft
Oldham Ashcraft Education School and Colleges
|Point Loma High School, San Diego, CA San Diego, California
|College & University
|The University of the Pacific Ocean
Favorite Things Of Oldham Ashcraft
|Favorite TV Shows
|Shopping and Traveling
Interesting Facts About Oldham Ashcraft
- In 1983, Oldham Ashcraft embarked on a fateful journey with her fiancé, Richard Sharp, aboard the 43-foot yacht Hazaña, destined for San Diego from Tahiti. Little did they know that their voyage would soon turn into a test of endurance and courage.
- Caught in the merciless path of Hurricane Raymond on October 12, the yacht faced the wrath of towering 40-foot waves and ferocious 140-knot winds. In a desperate bid for survival, Sharp urged Oldham Ashcraft to seek refuge below deck, a decision that would ultimately alter the course of their voyage.
- Moments of chaos ensued as the yacht capsized, leaving Oldham Ashcraft unconscious and disoriented. When she regained consciousness nearly a day later, she found herself alone, with Sharp missing and their vessel severely damaged.
- Undeterred by the daunting circumstances, Oldham Ashcraft displayed extraordinary resourcefulness and resilience. She fashioned makeshift sails from debris and improvised a pump to drain the flooded cabin, determined to navigate her way to safety.
- With no radio communication or navigation equipment, Oldham Ashcraft relied on her instincts and ingenuity to chart a new course towards Hawaii, a grueling 1,500-mile journey fraught with uncertainty.
- Armed with a sextant and sheer determination, Oldham Ashcraft steered the crippled yacht through treacherous waters, subsisting on meager rations of canned food as she braved the elements.
- After an arduous 41 days at sea, Oldham Ashcraft’s indomitable spirit guided her to the shores of Hilo, Hawaii, marking the end of her epic odyssey and a testament to the power of human resilience in the face of adversity.
Oldham Ashcraft’s Social Media Handles