Robert John Wagner Jr. is a highly accomplished American actor, known for his versatile career spanning over six decades. He gained fame through starring roles in TV series such as ‘Switch,’ ‘Hart to Hart,’ and ‘It Takes a Thief.’
However, his most iconic role was as ‘Number Two’ in the ‘Austin Powers’ film series. Wagner’s journey in acting began at a young age when he was discovered by a talent scout.
He made his debut in the film industry with ‘The Happy Years’ in 1950 and secured a contract with ’20th Century Fox.’ Some of his notable works in the film industry include the ‘Austin Powers’ trilogy, ‘The Towering Inferno,’ ‘Harper,’ ‘The Pink Panther,’ and ‘A Kiss Before Dying.’
On the small screen, he made his mark with series like ‘Switch’ and ‘Hart to Hart,’ as well as miniseries like ‘Windmills of the Gods’ and TV films like ‘Love Among Thieves.’
Robert Wagner Wiki & Biography
|Date Of Birth||February 10, 1930|
|Birth Place||Detroit, Michigan, United States|
|Debut||Television shows It Takes a Thief (1968-1970)|
|Famous For||Starring in the television shows It Takes a Thief, Switch, and Hart to Hart|
Robert Wagner’s Net Worth
|Net Worth||USD $15 million approx|
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm||18 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.8 m|
|Height in Feet Inches||5 feet 11 inches|
|Body Measurement||42-34-14 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
|Shoe Size||11 (US)|
|Eye Colour||Grayish Green|
Robert Wagner’s Family and Relatives
|Father||Robert John Wagner Sr.|
|Mother||Hazel Alvera Wagner|
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends||Jill St. John (m. 1990)
Natalie Wood (m. 1972-1981)
Marion Marshall (m. 1963-1971)
Natalie Wood (m. 1957-1962)
|Partner||Jill St. John (m. 1990),
Natalie Wood(m. 1972-1981),
Marion Marshall (m. 1963-1971),
Natalie Wood (m. 1957-1962)
|Daughters||Courtney Brooke Wagner, Katie Wagner|
Robert Wagner Education School and Colleges
|School||Santa Monica High School|
|College & University||St. Monica Catholic High SchoolBlack-Foxe Military Institute|
Favourites Things Of Robert Wagner
|Favorite Colour||Black, Yellow|
|Favorite Actor||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Food||Not Known|
|Favorite TV Shows||The Pink Panther 1963|
|Favorite Movie||Hart to Hart|
Interesting Facts About Robert Wagner
- Wagner made his film debut with a small role in ‘The Happy Years’ (1950) and signed a contract with talent agent Henry Willson, leading to his association with ’20th Century Fox.’
- He gained recognition in the war film ‘Halls of Montezuma’ (1951), followed by a role in ‘With a Song in My Heart’ (1952), which won an ‘Academy Award’ and two ‘Golden Globe Awards.’
- He then landed his first starring role as ‘Tony Petrakis’ in ‘Beneath the 12-Mile Reef’ (1953), which became a commercial success.
- His career continued with roles in films like ‘Titanic’ (1953), ‘Prince Valiant’ (1954), ‘Between Heaven and Hell’ (1956), ‘The True Story of Jesse James’ (1957), and ‘In Love and War’ (1958).
- In 1960, Wagner signed a contract with ‘Columbia Pictures’ for three movies, resulting in ‘Sail a Crooked Ship’ (1961) and ‘The War Lover’ (1962).
- His fame soared with ‘The Pink Panther’ (1963) and ‘Harper’ (1966). He returned to Hollywood and made his TV debut as ‘Alexander Mundy’ in ‘It Takes a Thief,’ earning an ‘Emmy’ nomination.
- He co-produced ‘Madame Sin’ (1972), appeared in ‘Colditz’ (1972-1974), and starred in ‘The Towering Inferno’ (1974), a major success.
- He also appeared in TV movies like ‘Love Among Thieves’ (1987) and miniseries like ‘Windmills of the Gods’ (1988).
- In his later career, he gained fame as ‘Number Two’ in the ‘Austin Powers’ film series.
- His filmography includes ‘Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story’ (1993), ‘A Dennis the Menace Christmas’ (2007), and appearances in the TV series ‘NCIS’ (2010).
- Wagner has also co-written three books with Scott Eyman, namely ‘Pieces of My Heart: A Life’ (2008), ‘You Must Remember This: The Life and Style of Hollywood’s Golden Age’ (2014), and ‘I Loved Her in the Movies: Memories of Hollywood’s Legendary Actresses’ (2016).
- Robert Wagner had several marriages, including one to actor Natalie Wood from 1957 to 1962. He was then married to actor Marion Marshall from 1963 to 1971, and they had a daughter, Katie Wagner.
- After an engagement to Tina Sinatra, he remarried Natalie Wood in 1972, and they had a daughter, Courtney Wagner.
- In 1990, he married actor Jill St. John.
Robert Wagner Social Media Handles