Shannon Kook has come a long way from his early days in Johannesburg, South Africa, to become a notable figure in Canadian television and international series.
Known for his striking portrayal of Jordan Green on The CW’s “The 100,” Kook’s diverse heritage and education in the performing arts have played a critical role in shaping his on-screen versatility.
Shannon Kook Wiki & Biography
|Shannon Xiao Lóng Kook-Chun
|Date Of Birth
|February 9, 1987
|Johannesburg, South Africa
|South African Actor
Shannon Kook’s Net Worth
|USD $1 Million approx
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm
|Height in Meters
|Height in Feet Inches
|5 feet 7 inches
Shannon Kook’s Family and Relatives
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends
Shannon Kook Education School and Colleges
|National Theatre School of Canada
|College & University
Favourites Things Of Shannon Kook
|Any home dishes cooked and prepared by his parents
|Favorite TV Shows
|The Ultimate Fighter
|Mrs. Doubtfire, Mary Poppins, Harold & Kumar, American Pie, Tropic Thunder, and Zoolander
|Dancing, Martial Arts, Traveling
Interesting Facts About Shannon Kook
- Shannon Kook-Chun was born in Johannesburg, South Africa, to a unique cultural mix of parents: a Mauritian father of Chinese descent and a South African mother of Cape Coloured descent.
- Following his family’s move to Montreal, Kook attended the National Theatre School of Canada to hone his acting skills.
- Kook made his on-screen debut in 2009 with the Canadian television series “Being Erica.” However, his role as Zane Park on “Degrassi: The Next Generation” from 2010–2011 brought him wider recognition.
- In 2017, he portrayed the character Duncan on “Shadowhunters,” further establishing his foothold in the industry.
- In 2014, Kook was honored with the Toronto International Film Festival’s Rising Stars initiative, along with Alexandre Landry, Sophie Desmarais, and Julia Sarah Stone. This accolade spotlights four up-and-coming Canadian actors, making them more visible to talent developers and filmmakers who attend the festival.
- Between 2015 and 2016, Kook dabbled in web content, starring in the popular web series “Carmilla.” He was also featured in the 2017 web series “Running With Violet.”
- In January 2018, it was announced that Kook would be a mysterious new guest star named Lucas on The CW’s “The 100.” However, this turned out to be a strategic red herring, as his actual character was Jordan Jasper Green, the son of Monty Green and Harper McIntyre.
- Interestingly, Kook had originally auditioned for the roles of Finn Collins and Monty Green in the series. He was eventually promoted to a series regular in seasons six and seven.
- He shares screen credits with Lola Flanery and Chai Hansen in “Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments.”
- Kook and Ben Daon both have roles in the Disney+ series “The Mysterious Benedict Society.”
- Astrologically, Kook is an Aquarius and his Chinese zodiac sign is a Rabbit.
Shannon Kook Social Media Handles