Wendy, a prominent South Korean singer, has gained widespread recognition as a member of the renowned K-pop band Red Velvet. Her journey in the world of entertainment began with a successful audition for SM Entertainment in 2012 at the S.M. Global Audition in Canada.
Beyond her collaboration with Red Velvet, Wendy has showcased her versatile talents by working with artists such as Yuk Jidam, Eric Nam, and Baek A-yeon. Her influence extends to the realm of endorsements, having collaborated with brands like Lotte Pepero, Baskin-Robbins, and Skechers.
Wendy Wiki & Biography
|Date Of Birth
|February 21, 1994
|Seongbuk-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Wendy’s Net Worth
|USD $4 million approx
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm
|Height in Meters
|Height in Feet Inches
|5 Feet 8 Inches
Wendy’s Family and Relatives
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends
Wendy Education School and Colleges
|Shattuck-St. Mary’s School, Jecheon Jungang Elementary School, Richmond Hill High School
|College & University
Favorite Things Of Wendy
|Favorite TV Shows
Interesting Facts About Wendy
- Wendy has maintained a private dating life officially, but in an interview, she expressed her preference for a considerate partner whose smile reflects the goodness of their personality.
- The release of Wendy’s first studio album, “The Red,” occurred on September 9, 2015, marking a significant milestone in her musical career with Red Velvet.
- Wendy made her debut on television as a panelist on the show “We Got Married” in 2015, showcasing her engaging personality beyond the stage.
- Wendy’s English name is Wendy Shon, reflecting her multilingual abilities as she can speak English, French, and Spanish.
- Despite her eventual success, Wendy faced initial resistance from her parents, who were initially against her pursuing a singing career and urged her to prioritize her studies.
- Before Red Velvet, Wendy was part of S.M. Entertainment’s pre-debut group SM Rookies. She contributed to the soundtrack of the drama series “Mimi” with the song “Because I Love You.”
- Wendy is known for her expressive reactions and maintains a positive attitude, contributing to her popularity among fans.
- In addition to her work with Red Velvet, Wendy has ventured into solo projects, releasing the song “Let You Know” for the soundtrack of the drama series “D-Day” in October 2015.
- Wendy showcased her vocal prowess on the competition show “King of Mask Singer” in January 2016 under the alias “Space Beauty Maetel” and later in October 2019 as “Green Witch.”
- In December 2016, Wendy was featured in the English version of Ricky Martin’s song “Vente Pa’ Ca.”
- In December 2019, Wendy encountered a serious accident during her solo stage rehearsal at the 2019 SBS Gayo Daejeon. Despite suffering significant injuries, including a broken wrist, pelvic fracture, and facial injuries, she demonstrated resilience and made a successful recovery.
- Wendy expanded her role in the entertainment industry, co-hosting “Mysterious Record Shop” in January 2021 and serving as the permanent nightly DJ host for SBS Power FM’s radio show “Wendy’s Youngstreet” from July 2021 until June 2023.
- She released her debut solo EP titled “Like Water” in April 2021, showcasing her individual artistic expression.
- In April 2023, Wendy faced the challenges of the global pandemic as she tested positive for COVID-19, emphasizing the impact of the ongoing health crisis on public figures.
Wendy’s Social Media Handles