Zhang Ziyi is not just a name but an epitome of talent and grace in the world of cinema. Considered one of the “Four Dan” Actresses of China, she has garnered international acclaim with films such as ‘Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon,’ ‘Hero,’ and ‘Memoirs of a Geisha.’
Born on February 9, 1979, in Beijing, China, Zhang Ziyi was destined for the arts. Her mother, Li Zhousheng, is a kindergarten teacher, and her father, Zhang Yuanxiao, is an accountant and later an economist. She also has an older brother, Zhang Zinan.
Zhang Ziyi Wiki & Biography
|Date Of Birth||February 9, 1979|
|Birth Place||Beijing, China|
|Profession||Actress, Producer Model|
|Famous For||Not Known|
Zhang Ziyi Net Worth
|Net Worth||USD $100 million Approx|
Height, Weight, and Color
|Height in cm||165 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.65 m|
|Height in Feet Inches||5 Feet 5 Inches|
|Body Measurement||32-24-34 Inches|
|Waist Size||24 Inches|
|Shoe Size||9 US|
Zhang Ziyi Family and Relatives
|Boyfriends / Girlfriends||Brett Ratner (2001)
Jackie Chan(2000 – 2001)
Yimou Zhang (1999)
|Partner||Wang Feng (m. 2015)|
Zhang Ziyi Education School and Colleges
|Education Qualification||Central Academy of Drama|
|College & University||Not Known|
Favourites Things Of Zhang Ziyi
|Favorite Actor||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Food||Ice cream|
|Favorite TV Shows||Not Known|
|Favorite Movie||Not Known|
|Favorite Pets||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Music, Travel, Read, Sleep|
|Favorite Destination||Not Known|
Interesting Facts About Zhang Ziyi
- Showing an early passion for dance, Ziyi was enrolled in the Beijing Dance Academy at the tender age of 11. By 15, she had already won the national youth dance championship and begun appearing in TV commercials in Hong Kong.
- At age 17, Ziyi made another significant move by entering the Central Academy of Drama in Beijing. In 1998, renowned director Zhang Yimou offered her a role in his film ‘The Road Home,’ which marked her acting debut. This was followed by her unforgettable performance in the martial arts classic ‘Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon’ in 2000.
- Her talent soon caught the eye of Hollywood producers. In 2001, she starred in ‘Rush Hour 2,’ and the same year appeared in other films like ‘The Legend of Zu’ and ‘Musa.’
- 2002 was another landmark year for her with the release of ‘Hero,’ co-starring Tony Leung, a film that received both Oscar and Golden Globe nominations.
- Ziyi displayed a remarkable range of talents throughout her career. In 2006, she lent her voice to the character of Karai in the animated film ‘TMNT.’
- Her tap-dancing skills were showcased in ‘Memoirs of a Geisha,’ and she has even worked in films that premiered at Cannes, such as ‘Princess Raccoon.’
- Recognition for her work has been plentiful. She was ranked No. 2 in FHM’s ‘100 Sexiest Women’ list in 2001 and has been listed among the ‘25 Hottest Stars Under 25’ by Teen People Magazine.
- She’s been a fixture in the Forbes China Celebrity 100 list from 2004 to 2010 and was honored with the ‘Outstanding Contribution to Chinese Cinema’ award at the 11th Shanghai International Film Festival in 2008.
- In 2015, Ziyi married rock musician Wang Feng, and the couple welcomed their daughter Wang Xingxing in December of the same year. She also achieved Hong Kong residency through the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme.
- In 2012, Ziyi found herself embroiled in a scandal when a Chinese website, Boxun, falsely claimed she had been paid to sleep with Chinese officials. Ziyi took legal action and won, receiving an undisclosed settlement and a public apology from the website.
- In addition to acting, Ziyi has served as a producer and made cameo appearances in films. She is a former spokesperson for notable brands like Tag Heuer, Maybelline, Pantene, Coca-Cola, and Lenovo. She also had the honor of being a jury member at the 2006 Cannes Festival.
- The actress shows no signs of slowing down; she is slated to appear in the science fiction thriller ‘God Particle,’ set for release in 2018.
Zhang Ziyi’s Social Media Handles